There are plenty of ways to rent apartment in Playa del Carmen and profit from perfect rent prices. We show you what you have to be aware of, if you decide to rent an apartment in Playa del Carmen to not be fooled or cheated on. As well we show you the best areas in the fastest growing city allover Latin America. Here are some other reasons why you should rent an apartment in Playa del Carmen:
- You are living close to the beach
- You profit from a high security level
- You can get cheap long term rentals close to the beach
The perfect areas to rent an apartment in Playa del Carmen are Playacar Fase I and Fase II as well as Gonzalo Guerrero with Colonia Hollywood, Zazil-Ha and the area between the 10th and 1st street from the south end till Avenida Colosio in the north.
Rent apartment in Playa del Carmen – Guideline
These are some useful tips when you search an apartment:
- Choose the city/area: this might seem a straightforward decision if you want to sure you want to rent a beachfront place and have a large budget. But if you are flexible and want to find a cheaper place, you might want to choose properties on the north of the highway. There are even cases of workers who live in Cancun and work in Playa del Carmen. On the contrary, if you want a luxury secluded apartment you might need to head south of Playa del Carmen towards Tulum or Puerto Aventuras
- Calculate your budget: it’s a general rule that you spend less than 30% of your monthly income in rent and that doesn’t include the services. It’s important to keep these costs in mind because like in any city, there are options from cheap studios to luxury houses.
- Get familiar with the neighborhoods: do you want to live close to the beach, in a family area or directly at the party zone? Living in Playacar is a completely different experience than living in Ejido.
- Establish priorities: in many situations is necessary to accept trade-offs, if your budget is not enough for the location you want, you might need to relocate somewhere else. It can be that you find the house of your dreams but is not beachfront.
It’s advisable to contact a local real estate agent, he or she will get you the best deals and most likely a property that meets all your needs.